Butterfly shrimp is a simple appetizer where a shrimp is cut in half, flattened, and cooked to make it easy to eat. However, the recipe will add a couple of twists. In this recipe, we are going to keep the shell and put a mixture or fish roe and mayonnaise and cheese on top and bake. It will open your eyes to how many different types of recipes there are for one type of food.
The ingredients you will need are regular sized shrimp, a package of fish roe (preferably orange, but any color will work), mayonnaise, and processed American cheese.
1) The first thing to do is prepare the shrimp. First, make a butterfly cut in the shrimp. A butterfly cut means just cutting the shrimp right now in half, but not quite, and flattening them. When most people make butterfly shrimp you will peel the shell off, but in this recipe we will leave it on.
2) Before cooking the shrimp, we will make the sauce that goes on top of the shrimp. The sauce is very simple. Take a couple of tablespoons of fish roe and mix it with two or three tablespoons of mayonnaise. You’re done with the sauce for now.
3) Now it’s time to cook the shrimp. You can cook it in a conventional mini oven or a stovetop oven. I prefer to use a conventional mini oven instead of a stovetop oven because you won’t need as much space and you’ll also save electricity. Place a row of shrimp on the grill, butterfly side up. Put some of the roe and mayonnaise mixture and make sure to spread it so that each part of the shrimp receives the sauce. Next, place a good sized piece of American cheese right on top of the sauce.
4) Put the shrimp tray in the mini oven and cook it at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Now just serve the shrimp as an appetizer and watch people tell you how delicious this shrimp recipe is.
There are many varieties of how to make shrimp; it’s up to the person to think of the ways we can do the shrimp.