Do you have a home that is considered a smart home? Or maybe you are trying to turn your home into a smart home? When this is the case, one of the first things that probably changed was the type of lock on the door. Gone are the days of locks and the use of a key! Now the doors can be unlocked before you even get out of your car, or they can be unlocked to allow someone to enter your home when you are in the middle of the world. Many people are opting for smart locks in their homes because they find that they are more secure and they simply love the technology that is being used. So how do you choose the best smart locks for your home?
Features of the best smart locks
When you’re looking for the best smart locks on the market to outfit your home, there are several features you’ll want to look for.
1. What security features does this smart lock have? Many of these locks have additional security features such as built-in alarms if there is any tampering with the physical door lock. There are also those that feature automatic locking technology that ensures that no matter what your door is always closed, even if you forget to close it.
2. How easy is it to access this? You want a lock that gives you options. For example, if your phone is set to control lock, what happens when the battery runs out? You want to be able to have some kind of backup that allows you to get into your home.
3. What is the warranty of the lock? You will find that the higher the warranty, the better the lock is often. Those that only include a short warranty may not be as reliable when it comes to a long-term lock.
4. Take into account the residential security grade of the lock. You will discover that there is a grading system, much like when you were in school. AC is good, but a B is better, while an A is the best. You will find that some locks get a triple A which ranks you as the best of the best.
5. Is this lock going to be weather resistant? After all, the door on which this lock is closed can be faced with a very different climate, be it sun and humidity from rain or snow. You want something that is weather resistant and works properly.
6. Are there guest entry options with this lock? This is something that is a personal consideration, but if you have a lot of guests entering your home, can you give them your own code to unlock and lock the door? It can give you a little more power over who comes in and out of the house.
In general, when shopping for the best smart locks, you will be bombarded with options. However, choose the one that best suits your individual needs.